This mod lets you lock and unlock vehicles from the inside as well as from the outside of the vehicle. More features described below can be set to execute upon lock-unlocking. Default keys are L (lock) and U (unlock). Controller can be activated in the config file with the buttons you want (default open menu RB + D-Pad Right, lock RB + X and unlock RB + A). The vehicle closest to you within a range will be affected, or if you choose, your last used vehicle. Features are turned on-off in the menu (F9 by default and then same keys as the native trainer) and in the included configuration file, (.ini). You can edit this config file with a texteditor. Remember that settings will normally take affect first when lock-unlocking.
Features-options in config file (turn on-off)
- Lock-unlock vehicles, from the inside as well as from the outside. Default keys are L (lock) and U (unlock). Controller can be activated in the config file with the buttons you want (default open menu RB + D-Pad Right, lock RB + X and unlock RB + A).
- Menu with most of the settings (open with default key F9 or controller RB + D-Pad Right if activated in config or menu in misc). Same default keys as the native trainer are used. Menu UI can be customized. Color, transparency and size of the menu can be changed.
- Unbreakable locks-can't get dragged out (not in the same way as my other mod). Can be set to make peds unable to break locks (default) and-or the players as well.
- Current vehicle set as persistent during the game session. If you want to save it between sessions you have to disable persistence under misc in the menu and add a mod like simple trainer which can store vehicles in files.
- Alarm, engine options, interior light (on-off and other modes).
- Notification lights. Customize your own with options to choose interval, number of flashes and flashing or sequential neon lights from the vehicle when lock-unlocking.
- Notification sounds. Customize your own with a horn sound (default) or the beep sound included, same as used by Rockstar in multiplayer mode. Choose duration (if using the horn), number of signals and interval. In addition, fob sound can be used.
- Options for when headlights shall be on and strenght multiplier.
- Neon light customization and option for neon lights on all cars. Setting for sequential neon lights with an interval based on the speed of the car.
- Automatic lights, modes with different effects like for example only on when moving option (headlights, neon and interior in any combination).
- Options for opening 1 to all doors at lock-unlock, while only outside or also inside if you want (set doors on or off in the menu, all are off by default).
- Roof on convertibles close-open when locking-unlocking, while outside of the car. Hold H while inside for the same effect (included in the game already). Works on most convertibles.
- Two different player lock-unlock animations to choose from. (can be turned off).
- Only last used vehicle or only closest one to be used.
- Options for activation of automatic smooth random color changer (more about this in the config file!)
- Unlocked empty vehicles wont make you wanted, option.
- Support for X input controller (e.g. Xbox 360 pad). Needs to be activated in the menu under MISC or the configuration file that comes with the mod in order to use.
- License plate text customization in the configuration file.
- More customization in the menu and config file for many of the features. You can change values in the file during game play. Features will be updated directly upon saving the file and then locking-unlocking in game.
- Choose radio station in the menu, under sounds, for your current car.
- Loud radio setting.
- Blip icon depending on vehicle type.
- More information in the configuration (.ini) file about the features.
How to make changes in the configuration file
With the mod comes the file called vehicleRemoteCentralLockingConfig.ini. As stated in the installation instruction, this file goes into your GTA5 folder where your GTA5.exe is located. Just like the mod itself. The file can be opened and edited just like a text file but you might have to right click on it and click open as. You can use any text editor, like notepad.
The .ini file is read from every time you press the key for lock or unlock and so when you make changes in it and save it, these changes will take effect when you tab back into the game and press one of these keys. There is no need to restart anything. Just go Alt + Tab while playing and switch to the .ini file, make some changes, save and Alt + Tab back into the game.
Author`s site: www.gta5-mods.com/users/R3QQ/