ARS its a racing tool that allows singleplayer racing against smart opponents in a modded environment. Hope you have fun with it!
(1) Route-based tracks:
ARS makes use of routes instead of waypoints to build its tracks. This has huge advantages - The tracks' limits are very well defined and curves are well detailed. AI benefits greatly from this as they tap into the route info to try and follow the track to the best of their abilities, meaning they don't need vanilla pathfinding anymore, and they're able to make full use of the track's width, encouraging multiple-car battles and overtaking behavior. Add-on lands are possible to race on thanks to this.
The track only contains the route, all information AI needs to navigate and race is generated from the route points, and that's huge, as it allows to create tracks just by painting lines on the ground. AI figures out the rest.
(2) Modding support:
ARS is built to support a wide range of game modifications out of the box. Specifically:
- Addon vehicles: All kinds of land based vehicles are supported. Add-on included, there's no difference between vanilla and Add-on ingame. In fact, ARS comes with a few IVPack and VWE vehicles added in.
- Handling mods: ARS' AI taps into the car's Handling to judge the vehicle's capabilities, like tire grip and engine power, for example. This allows the racers to work with almost any kind of handling, from the arcadey vanilla to realistic builds like Killatomate's Realistic Driving.
- New lands: It is possible to race in add-on lands of any kind. This is because the routes themselves provide the AI with everything they need to navigate, so there is no pathfinding needed at all.
- Stunt tracks: Tracks can be built on GTAO's stunt props (any prop, rally), thus allowing Cunning Stunts' style races to be done too.
- Surfaces & Material mods: A few mods modify the ingame surfaces to have better physics, and this is specifically supported as well. AI will account for the new grip modifiers.
(3) Content Creation:
ARS has an in-game route creator with prop placement support. It also allows players to create their own vehicle builds, tied to specific disciplines.
(4) Proper AI:
The opponents feature a scratch-made AI specifically coded for this script. GTA V's AI is disabled for the races!
Among other things, AI is able to take any kind of corner, overtake each other, make full use of the track's width and respect personal spaces to a great degree. They are also context aware in a fair share of situations. For example, they know to give way or hold their ground regarding side-to-side battles, and can actively look for a gap to overtake.
(5) Discipline system:
Basically a glorified tagging system, it lets you define which kind of cars should show up to your races. The disciplines are custom and stored in each car's xml file.
ARS comes with a few basic disciplines like 'sponsor' for sponsored vehicles (livery) and 'drag' for dragsters. Cars' classes count as a discipline too, along their modelname and vehiclename.
(1) .NET Framework 4.5.2
(2) Visual C++ 2015
(3) ScriptHookV Latest
(4) ScriptHookVDotNet Latest
Author`s site: www.gta5-mods.com/users/Eddlm